- GDPR: General Data Protection Regulation Act.
- Data controller: The data controller is the person who (alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which personal information collected on this website is processed.
- Data processor: The data processor is the person who processes the data on behalf of the data controller.
- Data subject: the data subject is the person who is using BecauseOfWords (“this website”) and is the subject of personal data.
1. My principles for processing personal data are:
- Fairness and lawfulness. When I process personal data, the individual rights of the data subjects will be protected. All personal data I obtain will be collected and processed in a legal and fair manner.
- Restricted to a specific purpose. I will process the personal data of data subject only for specific purposes related to the use of this website.
- Transparency. How I use the information and what personal data I collect is outlined below.
2. What personal data I collect and process
The personal data I collect is provided by the data subject and is generally limited to the data subject’s email address and first and last name.
3. How I use your personal data
I use the collected personal data I collect for these purposes:
- To provide you with the information you have requested
- To contact you if you have requested this
- To provide you with the support you have requested
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that I can improve my services
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues
4. Legal basis for collecting and processing personal data
My legal basis for collecting and using personal data includes these conditions:
- You have given me permission to do so.
- Processing your personal data is in my legitimate interests regarding this website.
- I need to comply with the law.
5. Retention of personal data
I will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this data protection policy.
I will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with my legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce my policies.
6. Data protection rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed of what personal data I hold about you and if you want it to be removed from my systems, please contact me.
You have the following data protection rights and must contact me to:
- Obtain the right to access, update, or to delete the information I have on you.
- Receive the right of rectification.
- Use your right to object.
- Demand the right of restriction.
- Request the right to data portability.
- Enforce your right to withdraw consent.
If you have any questions, requests, or clarifications on this policy, please get in touch through my Contact Me page or by sending a letter:
Cassie Journigan, Writer
P.O. Box 1302
Bronson, FL 32621
Last updated: October 1, 2020